Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spotlight on Our Friends: Julie Hunkar at 1 Stop Bead Shop



Julie Hunkar writes: My St. Petersburg w/Fringe (above) was inspired by a project I saw in Bead and Button Magazine. I bought the Fire Agate Pendant at the B&B Show in 2008. So using the colors in the pendant, I amped it up. I decided on branching fringe to match the delicate fern-like branches of the St. Petersburg stitch and went to town adding the fringe at the bottom. This has been a popular class in order to learn a more complicated version of St. Petersburg.

I took Hannah Rosner's Taos Sunset (below) Class in August of 2008. It was a wonderful class teaching us tubular and triangle peyote and a spiral fringe. It took 4 weeks of fairly steady evening work to get it done after the class, and it weighs a ton, but it is one of my favorite pieces. Every Hannah class is fun and you always learn cool stuff - sign up for a least one of her classes this December, you won't be disappointed!

To look at our current offering of 1 Stop Bead Shop Classes, head over to our website: http://www.1stopbeadshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment