Sunday, August 30, 2009
CLASS SALE! You receive a $15 discount on a pair of classes (normally $10 discount):
To see photos and to register, just check our September Classes
Beginning Wire Wrap- Tue, Sep 1 - Learn to make PERFECT loop and coil wraps for charms and earrings EVERY time. Robin has a 2-step trick that beats the heck out of the "traditional" way.
Multi-Strand Necklace w/ a Permanent Twist- Wed, Sep 2 - Back by popular demand! Ever try to get those strands to stay twisted? Jackie figured out a way. NOTE: Pre-work - string 7 strands of beads prior to class. ONLY offering this quarter!
Rivoli Earrings - Sat, Sep 5 - Always popular! Learn how to bezel set a Swarovski or Preciosa Rivoli stone in Peyote stitch so that both sides can show. ONLY offering this quarter!
Simple Rope Workshop - Mon, Sep 7 - Back by popular demand! Learn 4 different stitches which work great as chains or alone. St Petersburg, Peyote, 2-drop Peyote & Right Angle Weave. ONLY offering this quarter!
Fireworks - Scarlet & Grey - Mon, Sep 7 - A 1 Stop Bead Shop Customer Favorite! Make our popular fireworks necklace to support your favorite team - Go Bucks! Not a fan of that color? No worries. We will have kits available in our regular color ways too. Part of our OSU fan club series!
Intro to Wire - Tue, Sep 8 - NOTE: This class is PRE-REQUISITE to ALL our wire, soldering & metals classes (unless you already have experience). Learn all about wire guage, terminology, and how to make jump rings, head pins, coils, beaded links and more!
PMC - Buckeye Bling - Wed, Sep 9 - A PMC toggle and charm that show off your Buckeye spirit. Want to make something different? No worries. PMC classes are techniques classes where you determine what the finished design will look like while learning the tricks to working w/ PMC. Part of our OSU fan club series!
OSU Jumble - Wed, Sep 9 - Another popular 1 Stop Customer Favorite. Kits available in muliple colorways in addition to OSU colors. Learn stringing & various ways to make fringe. Fun to make - more fun to wear! Part of our OSU fan club series!
O-H-I-Oh-My! Beaded Bead Necklace - Thur, Sep 10 - Do you like sparkle? Do you want to learn to make a beaded bead? That's what this class is all about. Be a classy, sparkly Buckeye fan this season! Part of our OSU fan club series!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Do you want to get beads SUPER CHEAP?!
Do you love buying BELOW cost?
Then 1 Stop Bead Shop's Garage Sale is where you want to be this Saturday Night!
6:30 - 8:30 PM. DOORS OPEN PROMPTLY AT 6:30!
Over 15 "vendors"
(customers like you who have stash they want to sell)
Selling their beads, books, tools: everything bead related.
You can pick up wonderful new stash for yourself at low, low garage sale prices.
PLUS: 1 Stop Bead Shop will have some stuff for the garage sale too!
It's not too late to sign up to sell at the garage sale happening this Saturday, August 29 at 1 Stop Bead Shop. We still have a few spaces left.
What's a garage sale? It's a chance for you to sell off some of your old bead stash (books, beads, tools, etc.) that you have fallen "out" of love with, and receive bead credit toward BRAND NEW merchandise. See below to get all the details.
Already signed up as a vendor? Here are your details:
1) You may show up at 6:00 to begin setting up. Please do not start before 6:00 as the store is still open until 6:00. (Be aware, there will probably still be customers in the store after 6:00 while you are setting up). You will have 1/2 hour to set up. Doors re-open promtly at 6:30.
2) Please be sure to have all your merchandise clearly marked with your name and price. That is all the information we will need in order to ring them out properly. If you are selling loose beads, please put what the shopper selects into a baggie w/ the price for the ENTIRE baggie and your name.
3) At the end of the night, you may wait to receive your gift certificate. Since there are quite a few participants, you may also elect to have your certificate mailed to you on Monday. Any certificates not issued that night will automatically be mailed on Monday.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
So, Lisa figured why not keep the trunk show going for you.
Starting TODAY through at least this week or until Lisa gets bored of it, we are going to offer:
20% Trunk Show Semi-Precious when you buy 5 strands.
If you were here last week, don't forget to bring in those coupons to redeem. We've already given away several free classes, and lots of good discounts.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
So much bling!
And the price is irresistable!
In case you're thinking they can't be that great at that price, you will be as blown away as we were. They are leaded crystal, with all the bling you expect from crystal. The bicones are not as regular as Swarovski & Preciosa (see photo below), but they'll work great in anything where bling is required, but a lower price is desired.
Friday, August 14, 2009
So, Jon told me something that another store had done when he did his trunk show, and I thought it was such a good idea, I figured - What the heck!
In addition to the trunk show discounts of:
20% off 10 Trunk Show strands of Semi-Precious & Czech Glass
and 50% off of all Trunk Show Pearls
1 Stop Bead Shop is going to sweeten the pot by giving you:
20% all Seed Beads with purchase of any Trunk Show Item.
Sale is TODAY & TOMORROW
Friday & Saturday
August 14 & 15 ONLY!
10:00 - 6:00 both days
Unless you're a Club Bead Member!
CLUB BEAD IS TONIGHT!
7:00 - 10:00
In addition to all the sales listed above, Club Bead members get 10% their entire purchase (except for Trunk Show Items) on Club Bead night.
What is Club Bead?
Club Bead is 1 Stop's monthly Girls' Night Out where we all just get together, hang out, bead & enjoy the company of others that share the same passion!
Who can join and when?
Club Bead is open to the public - anyone can join. You can become a member at any time by paying the annual fee. Just show up for Club Bead & we'll sign you up!
How much is the fee?
$15 pays for your membership through December 2009.
So, whether it's for the Trunk Show, or Club Bead, we'll see you this weekend!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
We invited them back for a mid-year party!
1000's of strands of Semi-Precious, Pearls and Czech glass!
This Friday & Saturday ONLY!
August, 14 & 15
(No hold-overs. He's here and taking it all back when he leaves on Sat. eve.)
10:00-6:00 both days
20% off 10 strands or more of Semi-Precious & Czech Glass (combined)
50% off pearls - no minimum
(No further discounts or coupons on Trunk show merchandise as we don't own it!)
And remember, you get a mystery coupon valid Aug 17-31 with EVERY purchase! You could win up to 50% your entire purchase!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
The 2009 Fall Class Schedule & Calendar is FINALLY here and we're so excited about it! Our instructors have pulled out all the stops to bring you all the classes and all the bling you've been asking for. Check out these stats:
- 2 Visiting Guest Artists - both national Award winners/instructors
- 108 classes
- 50 NEW classes - almost 50% new!
- 4 class specials & a Contest!
Here are some highlights you'll want to look for
- Bead Crochet is back
- 5 OSU themed classes to show your Buckeye Pride - all in September
- Several Christmas themed designs including a French beaded tree and an ornament
- BRAND NEW - Learn how to sell on Ebay & Etsy - sign up early - space is limited and this one will go fast!
Class Specials & Contest
- Our Standard - sign up for any pair of classes - get $10 off the pair (2 people can split this discount.)
- Aug 11 thru Sep 10 classes - Sign up for 1 of these classes as part of your pair, and get an additional $5 off - that's $15 off a pair!
- Triple Play - Sign up for all 3 of Lisa's Ndebele classes - get $20 off the 3 classes. (All registrations must be for same person.)
- Lampwork Special - Sign up for Beginning Lampwork & Beginning Wire Wrap and get $20 off the pair - that's a double discount! (Both registrations must be for same person.)
- Contest - Our instructors have been responding to what you love - pearls & crystals, and this quarter could easily be renamed "The Pearls & Crystals quarter." Having a little fun with that: Correctly count the number of classes that have BOTH the words PEARL and CRYSTAL in EITHER the Title OR Description. Submit your answer to Lisa at email@example.com or in person in the store by Aug 31. All correct answers will be entered into a drawing for a FREE Pearl & Crystal Level 1 or 2 Class.
Frequently Asked Class Questions:
Q - Does 1 Stop supply the tools for class? A - Unless otherwise noted on the class schedule - NO. We do usually have some that can be shared, but we assume in most cases you are learning this new skill so you can do more of it, and you will need the tools to do it.
Q - Is my class fee refundable? A - No - unless 1 Stop is forced to cancel the class - all class fees are non-refundable. Our instructors get paid by the head and classes require a minimum of 3 students to run. Constantly shifting class numbers leads to mistakes, confusion, the possibility of causing the class to cancel and keeping others from getting in to a full class.
Q - Why is the kit/materials cost not included in the class cost? A - We schedule our classes quarterly. It is possible to sign up in August for a class that is not until December. Would you want $$ tied up in a kit that you won't get to use for 4 months? Furthermore, class fees are non-taxed education; kits must be taxed. If we include the kit fee w/ the class, then both must be taxed. Do you want to pay more taxes than necessary?
Q - When are kits available? A - Generally the night of the class, rarely beforehand.
Q - Why are some classes kits & some materials? A - Well the rules of thumb work kind of like the English language - they apply except for when they don't. Generally, however:
- Beginning Classes & Level 1 or 2 classes that have complicated materials are kitted.
- Wire, metals, chain maille, PMC & Polymer classes are kitted to be sure you get the correct guages etc.
- Classes that require very personal bead choice, or with a simple supply list are usually materials.Some Level 3 & most Level 4 classes are materials, assuming you have the pre-requisite knowledge for selecting your own (and probably the stash to match).
You’re new to beading, and so excited about what you just learned at the local bead store. You want to teach your friends. Is it okay to do that? The simplest answer - no.
Most stores/instructors won’t have a problem if you share your newfound knowledge with your best friend, mom, or daughter. But recently I had one of my students tell me that she was going to teach one of my classes to her entire staff at work as part of a staff bonding/morale thing. It was then that I realized that with so many new beaders taking classes at 1 Stop, some of them may be breaking copyright law without realizing it. So, here’s the basic skinny to help guide your decisions
A stitch or wire bend/coil is NOT copyright protected - they are in the public domain and have been used for centuries.
ALL written directions ARE copyright protected. It is NEVER okay to copy (by hand or on a machine) or teach from someone else’s directions unless you have their permission.
How the stitch/wire/etc. is put together is a DESIGN and designs ARE copyright protected. It is not okay to teach someone’s design without their permission.
Classes taken at the local bead store support the salaries of the staff and the instructor. When you teach classes that you learned at the local bead store, you are taking money out of someone’s pocket that earns their living this way.
Bottom line, when in doubt, ask the store or instructor. They will appreciate your concern for their welfare.
Shop or sign up for classes any time between today and this Saturday, August 15
Get a mystery coupon redeemable from August 17-31. Everyone receives 1 of 5 potential coupons for discounts off of merchandise or classes. 2 lucky winners get the top prizes:
Top Prize - 50% off your entire purchase (some exclusions apply
2nd Prize - 40% off entire purchase (some exclusions apply)
Shop this week and save next week!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Cubes & Crystals Cuff
Wed, Aug 12
This one will make your friend's drool. This one is elegant enough to wear to the theater or with your best cocktal dress.
Intro to Wire
Thu, Aug 13
Usually taught on a Tue or Sat - here's a rare Thursday chance to get our essential beginning wire class. Learn all about tools, guages, terminology, and get a feel for the wire while making foundational findings including jumprings, head pins, and clasps. Pre-req for all our advanced wire, metals & soldering classes.
Sat, Aug 15
Add-on over-flow class. This class was so popular many of you got shut out. We had an opening, so here's your second chance.
For larger pictures, or to sign up, visit the August calendars on our website!
Our new class schedule for September-December is due to release next week!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
TWO DAY TRUNK SHOW! Get an autographed copy of her bead embroidery book and meet this international level beadweaver even if the class was filled before you could sign up.
Fri August 7: 10-6
Sat August 8: 10-4