We have the following in, just in time for your holiday shopping
• Several Shipments/Thousands of dollars in Czech glass and Semi- Precious gives you better selection for your Christmas gift making.
• Swarovski Christmas Earrings are back- while supply lasts. Angels, 3 styles of Christmas trees, and Gift Boxes.
• Christmas Beads & Charms. We’ve stocked up on ceramic, glass, clay, pewter, and silver Santas, snowmen, reindeer, bows, angels and wings, and all things red & green.
• Pierced to Clip-on earring converters - limited supply
• Faceted Ball Chain - Like Leslee Frumin had but w/ more sparkle!
• 3mm Tierra Cast Heishi - 500 piece bags. For all those RAW Tennis Bracelets you’re making! Speaking of which, if you haven't taken this class, DO IT! The bracelets are quick and easy to make and they look oh-so-fabulous for holiday gifts!
• New 1 Stop Bead Shop Limited Edition Design Kits
• New Tools - including Bench Block with Nylon Guard, Motorized Hand Buff, Long Round Nose Pliers, Max Flame Torches
• Storage & Travel Cases and Beading Lap Trays
Can’t find it? Out of stock? We’ll do something that sets us apart from other bead stores - We’ll order it and call you when it comes in!
The Inside Scoop on Preciosa:
What is it and why have I never heard of it before?
Preciosa is lead Crystal. It is like Swarovski with all the bling thatyou’ve come to love, but with a lower price tag. So why have you never heard of it before?
In the late 19th century Daniel Swarovski developed the technology to machine cut tiny crystals in what was then known as Bohemia -one of the great glass bead making centers of the world. As a move to protect his invention from competitors anxious to duplicate the technologyhe moved his company to the more secluded regions of Austria.
That move proved to be more fortuitous than he imagined. After WWII Bohemia was annexed by the Soviet Union. A potential competitor, founded the same year the Soviets took power, was now a state owned business. While Swarovski grew and traded on the free market, Preciosa was largely unheard of outside of the iron curtain.
With the fall of Mr. Gorbachev’s wall in the early 90’s, Preciosa has emerged as an aggressive player on the world market.
1 Stop Bead Shop is the only store in Central Ohio carrying this stunning line of crystals.
We know you love bling - now you have even more choices!
Goodbye to Kathy Luli
Please join the staff of 1 Stop as we say goodbye to one of our earliest and most prolific instructors - Kathy Luli.
Kathy joined the teaching team at 1Stop shortly after we opened in 2005. Since then she has taught nearly a class a week in various bead weaving stitches. Her unique style introduced us to delicate bead laces and sculptural peyote ornaments.
She still has a few classes before she leaves:
Wavy Flag Bracelet - Wed Nov 19 - 6:00
Stars & Snowflakes - Wed Dec 3 - 6:00
Kathy is leaving Ohio with her husband to join her daughter in Oklahoma where her new home is
Kathy, we will miss you and look forward to seeing you each year at Bead & Button.
Regards can be sent to: Kal41shop@aol.com
Special January Class
Coming in January - Dallas Lovett
Admired for his unique approach to wire coiling using seed beads and his sublime artistic flair, Dallas is recognized nationwide as one of the elite wire jewelry designers. He teaches at bead
stores and guilds throughout the US and is a highly sought-after regular at the Bead & Button Show. We are proud to host Dallas Jan 23 & 24 as he teaches his popular Saturn Pendant and Etruscan Bracelet.
Classes - On sale NOW!
Space it limited to 15!
Class Schedule - December through Feburary
The new class schedule is now available in store and attached to this blog entry.
NEW Winter Class List for Dec - Feb
Classes are on Sale NOW in the store and on the website. Pictures are being added daily. You can also see the class list as a Calendar: The Winter Class Calendar
The quarterly 1 Stop Bead Shop Newsletter
November Coupon - see last page of newsletter